[Digikam-devel] KDE code sprint for kde-imaging and digikam

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Sat Sep 6 16:04:41 BST 2008

Hi
as you've probably seen in these days we talked about
code sprint. Since i cannot move this year i've proposed
the town in which i live, e.g. Genoa in Italy [1] :)

Valerio and me are members of an association (ALID [2]) that are
hosted by Zenzero at address [3]. Zenzero approved our request and
that means we can host the event.

Now we need to book the room, fixing the event on their calendar, so
we need to to know how many people and when.

Aaron about accomodation, should that be done by us and payed
by kde, or anyone have to think about himself (always sponsored by kde)?

Anyway I believe Gilles is the best one who can write the todo list of the
event, let's call it the aim :)

Gilles told me about some of them:
- finish the digiKam KDE4 porting.
- improve the kipi-plugins KDE4 porting.
- create an general purpose export plugin that implements picasa,
  flickr, Gallery, etc.
- improve libkipi

Sorry Gilles i couldn't get the following one (that i quote here):
- port of libkdcraw to libraw (already started by me but not simple :
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/libkdcraw-libraw/)

Time should be chosen to best fit and avoid conflicts with the Zenzero events
3 days, two of them during the week-end, e.g. from Friday to Sunday or
from Saturday to Monday.
I've suggested not to do that on October because in Genoa we have
the international boat show [4] and the 25th the Italian Linux day[5].
Anyway from 31/10 to 2/11 could be ok. Please add your preference so that
we can decide soon.

Regards,
	Angelo

P.S. sorry for my cross-posting message.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genoa
[2] http://www.alid.it/
[3] http://snipurl.com/3nmrs  [maps_google_it]
or longer
"http://maps.google.it/maps?f=q&hl=it&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=Via+Giovanni+Torti,+35,+16143+Genova+Genova,+Liguria,+Italia+(Zenzero)&sll=44.406945,8.964426&sspn=0.010884,0.020792&ie=UTF8&om=1&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr"
[4] http://www.genoaboatshow.com/?Language=EN&ID=
[5] http://www.linuxday.it/