[Digikam-devel] Another possible factorization in libkdcraw...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 09:00:48 BST 2008

Andi,

Look like with KDE4, we have duplicates implementations :

from digiKam core :
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/widgets/common/squeezedcombobox.cpp?revision=727772&view=markup

from kipi-plugins core :
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/kipi-plugins/common/libkipiplugins/squeezedcombobox.cpp?revision=816159&view=markup

It's the same implementation. only namespace changes.

The best candidate to host this common widget is libkdcraw. Also, we can use
it in libkdcraw instead QComboBox/KComboBox. Of course, all place in
digiKam/kipi-plugins which use squeezedcombobox must be adapted to use
KDCraw namespace and header.

But we must don't use this widget at other place, because regression tests
need to be done, and it can take a while.

To resume, the widget is the same than q QComboxo excepted that it squezze
long combo text to prevent huge layout in gui.

Best