[Digikam-devel] Another possible factorization in libkdcraw...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 10:00:48 CEST 2008

Look like with KDE4, we have duplicates implementations :

from digiKam core :

from kipi-plugins core :

It's the same implementation. only namespace changes.

The best candidate to host this common widget is libkdcraw. Also, we can use
it in libkdcraw instead QComboBox/KComboBox. Of course, all place in
digiKam/kipi-plugins which use squeezedcombobox must be adapted to use
KDCraw namespace and header.

But we must don't use this widget at other place, because regression tests
need to be done, and it can take a while.

To resume, the widget is the same than q QComboxo excepted that it squezze
long combo text to prevent huge layout in gui.

Gilles Caulier