[Digikam-devel] Please help building digikam4

Geoff King gsking1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 03:43:15 BST 2008

Arnd and Gilles,
Thank you for your suggestions, but I'm still having problems.

These example lines sum up the issue.  Kexiv is found in the system
location (incorrect), whereas libksane is found correctly.

-- Found Kexiv2 library in cache: /usr/lib/libkexiv2.so
-- Found Kdcraw library in cache: /usr/lib/libkdcraw.so
-- Found Kipi library in cache: /usr/lib/libkipi.so
-- Found libksane: /home/gsking/programs/src/svn/soft_digikam4/lib/libksane.so

An environment problem with Ubuntu??
What is "library in cache"?  Is there a way to easily override this
like libksane.
Could the checks for Kexiv2, Kdcraw, and Kipi be more restrictive so
that the digikam3 versions are not used?

Please don't waste your time on this.  I am able to install and test
digikam4 on a computer which does not have digikam3 installed.

Thanks, Geoff