[Digikam-devel] Please help building digikam4

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Mon Oct 13 07:32:57 BST 2008

Hi Geoff,

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008, Geoff King wrote:

> I've been wanting to try digikam4 while still leaving digikam3
> installed systemwide and have run into the following problem. .
>
> Every time it configures, it finds kexiv2, libkipi and kdcraw in the
> system locations and not the locally built version (
> /home/gsking/programs/src/svn/digikam4/build/lib) where it should.
> For example see below... (kexiv2, libkipi and kdcraw found in
> /usr/lib/, but libksane found locally where it should be).

To me it seems that you are mixing the build directory
with the destination to which the installation should go:
I.e. instead of
DIGIKAMKDE4=$HOME/programs/src/svn/digikam4/build
I would suggest
DIGIKAMKDE4=$HOME/programs/soft_digikam4
(or whatever name you choose).
The reason is that later on you do
  cd ~/programs/src/svn/digikam4/graphics
  rm -rf build
  mkdir build
  cd build
  cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$DIGIKAMKDE4 ../../graphics
which means that anything which you installed into
$HOME/programs/src/svn/digikam4/graphics/build
before will be removed. In particular this should remove
the previously installed libkexiv2 & Co.!

HTH, best, Arnd