[Digikam-devel] digiKam 0.10.0-beta6 tarball ready to test

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 06:53:17 GMT 2008

2008/11/26 Angelo Naselli <anaselli at linux.it>

> http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/0.10.x-releases/digikam-0.10.0-beta6.tar.bz2
>
> libkexiv2 0.5.0????? we've missed another backport! mandriva 2009.0 kde
> 4.1.3 and olf
> libkexiv2 backports does not build here! :(
>
> Gilles seriously how can we go on in such a way? if you want users to test
> you can't go on working on trunk. For that you can have only developers...
> as said
> no needs to have a package for that then :/

a new method to switch on./off metadata writting mode with RAW file has been
added. Some users report that corrupted RAW files result by a metadata
update processed by digiKam. The problem is in current code from Exiv2 (next
0.18) and more investiguation need to be done to consolidate code.

So, i don't take the risk to see users lost iRAW images. I have add a new
methods to libkexiv2 and a new options in digiKam settings panel to enable
RAW metadata writting. This option is disable by default.

The new method have been added before tag of KDE4.2 beta1. I don't think
that libkexiv2 will changes again until KDE 4.2 final release.As digiKam and
kipi-plugins are targetted to KDE 4.2 release date, this is not a problem.

Best