[Digikam-devel] Searching on IPTC core properties

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Mon May 12 19:47:19 BST 2008

Hi,

in the past there has been demand on searching for certain metadata
properties, mostly those in IPTC Core, but Dublin Core as well. (see below for
a list)

I am not familiar with the way you are using such properties, so it's
difficult to find out what exactly we should provide.
This means I am looking for:

- Use Cases and Use Scenarios for working with such properties, searching in
particular
- Sample images, preferably two or three for each use case, with the affected
metadata, so that I can test with real life examples. (you can send to my
private address)

List of possibly supported fields:

- IPTC Core properties:

CopyrightNotice
Creator
Provider
RightsUsageTerms
Source

CountryCode, Country
City Location Province/State
CreatorJobTitle
Instructions
IntellectualGenre
JobID
Scene
SubjectCode

- Dublin Core properties:
 (what relation do they have with similar ones from IPTC core?)

contributor
creator
publisher
rights