[Digikam-devel] Something interesting.

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Mar 21 19:58:16 GMT 2008

Hi,

I don't know if you remember but a while ago, after Akademy IIRC, I
mentioned Nepomuk and how it could be used in Digikam and more widely in
KIPI.

Personally, I think a lot of what KIPI does, could be implemented within
the Nepomuk structure. It's perhaps too big a change, but it does
provide a kind of framework for exchanging information between
applications. It's something I've been wondering about for a while in
relation to sync stuff, but I've not had much time to look into it properly.

But I noticed a post on the Amarok mail list that shows what one SoC
participant wants to do with Amarok.

http://www2.truman.edu/%7Ekde185/kyle_nepomuk_gsoc.pdf

Perhaps it's worth reading up about Nepomuk? I'm going to try and find
time to this in more depth myself but would appreciate others' opinions too.

Col