[Digikam-devel] digikam - google summer of code

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Sat Mar 8 12:08:57 GMT 2008

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008, Gerhard Kulzer wrote:

> On Freitag 07 März 2008 Arnd Baecker wrote:

[...]
>> 5/ - Fulla http://wiki.panotools.org/Fulla
>>      integration into the JPG and raw workflow.
>>
>>      This tool addresses: Chromatic aberration, Lens distortion, Vignetting
> Arnd, my question here is, if this fulla integration is really necessary
> since all these correction are already covered by the new plugin based
> on the Create project using a database.

Which plugin are you referrring to?
This sounds like the right one to use then!
(I did not follow all the discussion ion the create mailing list,
as I only subscribed recently ...)
Or are you referring to Adrians recent contribution for the 0.10?

> As far as I understand it, fulla is not linked to a DB, so it will
> always be very difficult or at least tedious to make corrections with
> fulla, as it is difficult with the current vignetting plugin.
> I would believe that this effort should be spent on a tool that supports
> lens calibration to deed the database.

In the end, one would like to have a tool
which does the corrections automatically (*maybe* with
the possibility of manual tweaking).

Best, Arnd