[Digikam-devel] Introduction and comments about bug:137320

Pau Ruŀlan Ferragut paurullan at bulma.net
Thu Mar 6 00:41:49 GMT 2008

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 10:06:32PM +0100, Arnd Baecker wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Mar 2008, Pau Rul·lan Ferragut wrote:

>>> - a class named PixmapManager handle thumbs image for each icon item.
>>> - a class named AlbumIconView manage view of icon from main interface.

>> I am stuck on AlbumIconView::nextItemToThumbnail(). I would like to use
>> Iconview::firstItem() to get the first item of the album but I cannot find
>> any object or way to do it. Any ideas?

> Looking at iconview.cpp it *seems* (Gilles, correct me!),
> that two new public methods
>    firstItem()  and lastItem()
> have to be introduced, which just return
>   d->firstContainer and    d->lastContainer ,
> respectively.

These methods exists. My problem is that my experience with C++ is like zero
and I do not find the way to those methods without a IconView object. Another
way would be to get this IconView but I do not find from where.

I have this from the actual implementation:
        AlbumIconItem* firstItem = static_cast<AlbumIconItem*>(fItem);
        AlbumIconItem* lastItem  = static_cast<AlbumIconItem*>(lItem);
        AlbumIconItem* item      = firstItem;

and want to add something like these:
       AlbumIconItem* firstItem = firstItem();
       AlbumIconItem* lastItem  = lastItem();
       AlbumIconItem* item      = firstItem;

--
Do not be too quick to decide what is impossible.