[Digikam-devel] OpenGL support?

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Fri Jul 25 17:21:42 BST 2008

Hi,

somehow Marble is broken, always pushing ASSERT messages to the console, so
I'm not able to start digiKam 0.10 anymore. So I started ccmake and disabled
the marble support and also openGL, because my laptop is not working with 3D
acceleration.
Now I noticed that the light table starts 5 times faster (before it took
nearly 5 seconds, now it starts in less than 1 second). I guess this has
nothing to do with marble so the only option left is the openGL support.

Now the actual question :-)
What does the openGL support do in digiKam? Is it for the advanced viewer? And
if so, why is it slowing down light table?

Andi