[Digikam-devel] 0.10.0-beta1 release tarball... - undefined reference to `pthread_create'

Mark Purcell msp at debian.org
Sun Jul 6 13:50:56 BST 2008

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008, Mark Purcell wrote:
> > digikam-0.10.0~beta1/libs/greycstoration/greycstoration.h:218:
> > undefined reference to `pthread_create'

> it doesn't appear to be linking -lpth in :-(

I have this issue with both the beta1 tarball and building direct from
svn. :-(

> -lkdecore -lkio -lkhtml -lkdeui -lkparts -lkio -lkdeui -lQtGui -lQtSvg
> -lkdecore -lsolid -lQtCore -lQtNetwork -lQtDBus -lQtXml -lkutils
> -lkde3support -lQt3Support -ljpeg -ltiff -lpng -lz -llcms -ljasper -ljpeg
> -ltiff -lpng -lz -llcms -ljasper -lkdcraw -lkexiv2 -lkipi -lmarblewidget
> -lkdeui -lsolid -lkparts -lkdecore -lkdeui -lkparts
[...]
> undefined reference to `pthread_create'

I am able to build if I manually add a "-lpthread" to the end of the line in:
build/digikam/digikam/CMakeFiles/digikam.dir/link.txt

> Am I missing some CMakeLists.txt foo?

I don't know my way around CMake, but from the above it looks like the
CMakeLists.txt needs to search and include libpthread.

Mark