[Digikam-devel] 0.10.0-beta1 release tarball... - undefined reference to `pthread_create' AKA desperate 8~)

Jasper Mackenzie jasper.mackenzie at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 23:40:04 BST 2008

Thanks Andi,

> I'm also compiling with gcc 4.3.1, everything is fine here...
  I am using 4:4.3.1-2 (from debian Unstable), still not fine

> Andi
>
> Mark Purcell wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 5 Jul 2008, Mark Purcell wrote:
>>> digikam-0.10.0~beta1/libs/greycstoration/greycstoration.h:218:
>>> undefined reference to `pthread_create'
>> Andi Clemens:
>>> "desperate"),
>> Yes I have libpth(-dev) installed:
>> ii  libpth-dev            2.0.7-10              The GNU Portable Threads
>> ii  libpth20              2.0.7-10              The GNU Portable Threads

I too have libth installed.
dpkg -l|grep -i thread

ii  libboost-thread-dev                  1.34.1-11
portable C++ multi-threading
ii  libboost-thread1.34.0                1.34.0-1+b1
portable C++ multi-threading
ii  libboost-thread1.34.1                1.34.1-11
portable C++ multi-threading
ii  libopenthreads-dev                   2.4.0-1
Object-Oriented (OO) thread interface for C+
ii  libopenthreads6                      2.2.0-2.1
Object-Oriented (OO) thread interface for C+
ii  libopenthreads7                      2.4.0-1
Object-Oriented (OO) thread interface for C+
ii  libpth-dev                           2.0.7-10
The GNU Portable Threads (development)
ii  libpth20                             2.0.7-10
The GNU Portable Threads
ii  libpthread-stubs0                    0.1-2
pthread stubs not provided by native libc
ii  libpthread-stubs0-dev                0.1-2
pthread stubs not provided by native libc, d
ii  libqt3-mt                            3:3.3.8b-5
Qt GUI Library (Threaded runtime version), V
ii  libqt3-mt-dev                        3:3.3.8b-5
Qt development files (Threaded)
ii  libqt3-mt-sqlite                     3:3.3.8b-5
SQLite database driver for Qt3 (Threaded)
ii  libqthreads-12                       1.6.8-6
QuickThreads library for Guile

I am wondering if it is libboost-threads. I have 1.34.1, and the latest
version in 1.35, unfortunatley back on dialup so will have to wait till
tonight to download a new version if you think this may be the issue.
  If you like I could put the whole output of dpkg -l into pastbin

Thanks for persisting with us,

ps: Does this mean you want to  hear about every little problem that
digikam 0.10.0 has now. Previousley I treated it as a pre release so never
bothred reporting things like the stars of the star rating not clearing
themselfs etc... and the side panes dissapearing etc...