[Digikam-devel] sqlite and locking...

Fabien fabien.ubuntu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 11:08:21 BST 2008

Hi,

Now that sqlite is included in digikam kde3 svn, we have the ability to
 have a standard behavior with it. Maybe it's the right moment to
specify the options to prevent problems with locking on network file
systems...

Look the following :

1) SQLite lets you set a fixed locking style at compile-time by
defining SQLITE_FIXED_LOCKING_STYLE to a value from its
sqlite3LockingStyle enumeration...
http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2007-03/0121.shtml

2) SQLite on NFS cache coherency :
http://www.nabble.com/SQLite-on-NFS-cache-coherency-td15655701.html

I think we should enable SQLITE_ENABLE_LOCKING_STYLE and set
SQLITE_FIXED_LOCKING_STYLE to dotlockLockingStyle which is supported on
all platforms...

--
Fabien