[Digikam-devel] Calendar View : patch to displaying all items from Year Date Album.

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 14:14:52 GMT 2008

Hi all,

Like you know, 0.9.4 will be a release dedicated to improve fix Date
management everywhere in digiKam...

After the new TimeLine tool, I have study a problem in Calendar view :
nothing appear when you select Year Date album.

A patch against current svn is available here :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/misc.tarballs/yearalbum.patch

Patch is not too intrusive. It touch DAlbum class of course, Date KIO-Slave,
AlbumManager to handle Year Date Album, and Date Folder View.

There is a fresh screenshot of this patch in action :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/yeardatealbum.png

Question :

1/ Since we have the new TimeLine tool, i think than "Dates" name in left
sidebar tab must be changed to "Calendar". It's more understandable for
end-users and prevent confusion with TimeLine. What do you think about ?

2/ I cannot find the B.K.O file about the Year Date Album empty content
problem. I remember a comment from an user about this subject in a
non-relevant B.K.O entry, but i'm not sure...

Best