[Digikam-devel] Possible speed improvements with sse optimized code

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 15:22:53 GMT 2008

Hi Gerhard,

Happy New year too...

About SSE optimizations, this is relevant of Assembler programing, not
C/C++.

This article is more dedicaced to optimize compiler (GCC) that we use to
build target.

Assembler code is not portable and very complex to write/debug.

But few tips in this article can be used to optimize C/C++ programing to be
compiled better later with GCC. but take a care : some tips can be
understandable by others developpers if no comments are added into the code.

In general, i prefert writte a maintainable code instead an optimized but
unreadable code (:=)))

Best

Gilles