[Digikam-devel] New slogan, logo and website design

Gerhard Kulzer gerhardkgmx at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 09:14:02 GMT 2008

I would like to tackle a subject that keeps stirring me. The feedback I got so far confirms that this itch is shared by some of you at least. I'm talking about the 'Corporate identity' of digikam. The general idea is to
- revamp the website (including Drupal 6.0)
- create a new, more professional logo
- create an iconized slashscreen for digiKam on KDE4
- find a new slogan

We've been talking about it already without too much of an outcome, and they are difficult subjects. Privately I've been sharing some trial designs of mine, but the results are not (yet) convincing.
I therefore propose to open a contest quite like the splash screen contest to the general digiKam public on our website.
I volunteer to put it up on the site, coordinate and harvest the proposals, and to come up with a final selection for voting.

What do you think about it?

Gerhard