[Digikam-devel] list of possible GSoC projects for digikam

Gerhard Kulzer gerhardkgmx at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 09:27:20 GMT 2008

I have one more project idea: Virtualization of albums

My proposal is not so difficult to implement, it is more a re-arranging of already available parts:

Current	->	New
Albums		Files
Collections	Albums
Tags		Tags and Rating   (alternative name: Keywords & Rating)
Timeline	Timeline
Calendar	Calendar
Searches	Searches

Essentially the Collections would fall away in favor of virtual Albums.
The files would be called what they are.
Tags should integrated automatically a 0-5 star rating section.

This proposal provides in my eyes more consistency with other applications, notably Amarok and OS applications. As far as I know, Albums are virtual everywhere.
It will not take away any feature or flexibility in digiKam.

Gerhard