[Digikam-devel] New digiKam logo

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Sun Feb 3 20:48:42 GMT 2008

Dnia Sunday 03 of February 2008, Gerhard Kulzer napisaƂ:
> I started working on a new digiKam logo. I'm not the most gifted one
> when it comes to graphical design, so help, improvement,
> counterpropositions are very welcome .-)

I am completely counter-gifted so no practical help but some
suggestions:

1. Inscriptions should go: a) they scale badly b) use of trademarked
   names (Leica) is risky - red dot gives message all right ;)

2. Yellow star looks bad on many backgrounds. At least some outlining
   should help. I understand you try to balance image to have something
   in upper part but this  is  almost invisible on light backgrounds.
   Current logo has small penguin to achieve this result but maybe this
   version should be for cross-platform 0.10 and beyond so such accent
   isn't necessary.

   Also placement of this star is strange. Maybe move it to the right
   above supposed hot-shoe as flash simulation?

m.