[Digikam-devel] visual indication of active filters?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 11:16:08 GMT 2008

2008/2/1, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>:

> > 2008/2/1, Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach at wp.pl>:
> > >
> > > Dnia Friday 01 of February 2008, Gilles Caulier napisaƂ:

> > > active.

> > > Nice idea. Few ideas for improvements.
> > >
> > > 1. Visual: lack of left-, top-margins looks ugly. LED should be
> > > centered
> > >    in status bar.
> >

> > Ah, i'm happy to read these word. This is you Mik (:=)))
> >
> > Yes, the widget is not centered... And this is not my fault. The widget
> > come from kdelibs and this is another one badly implemented. The widget
> > drawing method always use the top/left corner as reference. Content is never
> > centered like an usual widget...
> >
> > I have fight against to find an alternative, but without rea
> >

> Oups cuttered words here (:=)))
>
> I have fight against to find an alternative, but without success. I'm
> shared to waste time again this layout problem using KLed widget as well or
> tho re-implement it into digiKam core...
>

> 2. Still not sure about colors. For me most  logical would be:
> > >    - greyed out for inactive filters
> > >    - green/orange for active filters
> > >    - red when filters caused that there are no images in view
> >

> Sound like the idea to have a visual feedback about filtering match. icon
> view is not enough as well ?
>
> About the colors, your schema sound like text search widget background
> color scheme...

Ok, done in svn with rev. #769396.

Please test, and report.

To Native English guys : this sentence is fine to details LED from status
bar :

    QWhatsThis::add(d->led, i18n("This light report icon-view filters
status. "
                                 "This include all status-bar filters and
all Tag-Filters from right sidebar. "
                                 "If this light is red, at least one filter
is active, and no item match the query. "
                                 "If this light is green, at least one
filter is active, and at least one item match the query. "
                                 "If this light is gray, nothing is
filtered. "
                                 "Click over with mouse button to reset all
filters."));

Thanks in advance