[Digikam-devel] visual indication of active filters?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 06:46:06 GMT 2008

2008/2/1, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>:

> 2008/2/1, Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach at wp.pl>:
> >
> > Dnia Friday 01 of February 2008, Gilles Caulier napisaƂ:
> > > Red color is to indicate than something is wrong, dangerous, etc...
> > >
> > > This is not the case here. Is just to ping user than filters are
> > active.
> > > Orange is better for that... But it's just my viewpoint...
> > >
> > > Mik, Gerhard ?
> >
> > Nice idea. Few ideas for improvements.
> >
> > 1. Visual: lack of left-, top-margins looks ugly. LED should be centered
> >    in status bar.
>

> Ah, i'm happy to read these word. This is you Mik (:=)))
>
> Yes, the widget is not centered... And this is not my fault. The widget
> come from kdelibs and this is another one badly implemented. The widget
> drawing method always use the top/left corner as reference. Content is never
> centered like an usual widget...
>
> I have fight against to find an alternative, but without rea

Oups cuttered words here (:=)))

I have fight against to find an alternative, but without success. I'm shared
to waste time again this layout problem using KLed widget as well or tho
re-implement it into digiKam core...

2. Still not sure about colors. For me most  logical would be:
> >    - greyed out for inactive filters
> >    - green/orange for active filters
> >    - red when filters caused that there are no images in view

Sound like the idea to have a visual feedback about filtering match. icon
view is not enough as well ?

About the colors, your schema sound like text search widget background color
scheme...

3. Some feedback: I suppose it would be good if user could saw what
> >    filters are active without destroying their effect with mouse click.
> >    Tooltip with list of active filters when hovering?

Right. I will study it