[Digikam-devel] virtual rotation of image...

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Tue Dec 23 12:51:30 GMT 2008

> Marcel, Andi,
>
> I would to solve several entries in bugzilla about rotation of :
>
> 1/ thumbnails,
> 2/ Preview
> 3/ real image data for read only files.
>
> For all these cases, a respective flag in database is require (excepted if
> you have a better solution.
>
> With case 1/ a new button can be displayed over thumbnail as Gwenview.
> Same with case 2 in preview mode.
> With case 3/ a new menu entry can be created.
>
> The JPEGLossLess kipi-plugin must be adapted accordingly (some code are
> empty in digiKam kipi interface). same with exif rotation flag adjustement
> option.
>
> What do you think about ? Is DB schema/interface is ready for that ?

We have the field orientation in ImageInformation. Value is the enum from
libkexiv2. The orientation exif flag is read to the db when scanning images
but it is used nowhere to actually rotate the image.
Shouldnt this db flag be kept in sync with the image metadata in all
situations? At least, when we can write to the file.