[Digikam-devel] Task suggestion

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Mon Dec 22 17:32:23 GMT 2008

> Hi,
> I'm a c++ and qt developer. I would like to get involved in the KDE
> project. I've just read http://www.kde.org/getinvolved/development and
> ask for mentoring.

Great to hear that. We will support you with your first steps of course ;-)

> Could you suggest me some little task to start coding with Digikam?

Are you already using digikam for KDE4? Your first step would be to set up
your KDE4 development environment (get devel packages from your
distribution), get digikam and kdegraphics/libs from SVN and compile.

If you have a certain functionality that you really would like to implement
that is a good starting point. Or you just run digikam and find out something
bothering you, so start reading the code...
We do not have a meta-documentation of our codebase (in the sense of "this
folder contains the code to...") but there are comments and API docs of
course.

We are currently in bug fix mode and will start with new features only after
0.10 is released, so little bug fixes are most welcome ;-)

Have fun
Marcel