[Digikam-devel] Task suggestion

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 17:21:32 GMT 2008

2008/12/22 Nicola Brisotto <nicolabrisotto at gmail.com>

> Hi,

hi,

> I'm a c++ and qt developer. I would like to get involved in the KDE
> project. I've just read http://www.kde.org/getinvolved/development and
> ask for mentoring.
> Could you suggest me some little task to start coding with Digikam?

Welcome. We are a lots of pending tasks to second of course. But before to
make a choice, please let's me hear more than this: what is your preferred
domain in development for digiKam :

- database management.
- multi-threading.
- image treatment, algorithms.
- gui design, usability.
- photo management (RAW, metadata, etc...).
etc...

We are currently in 0.10.0 beta8 (KDE4) with rc1 planed in January 2009:

http://www.digikam.org/drupal/about/releaseplan

All lead developments are oriented for KDE4. KDE3 is only in maintenance.

Best