[Digikam-devel] collecting USB hardware info of your cameras

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sun Dec 21 15:39:31 GMT 2008

Hi,

we now use Solid for Camera detection. It is sometimes a bit tricky to find
out the correct name with Solid. We have received reports that "USB Imaging
interface" is displayed where it should have been (and will) "Canon EOS
350d".

To find out these peculiarities, if you run KDE4 and have a gphoto2 camera
(some USB mass storage cameras can be interesting as well),
 I would like to ask for the output of the "solid-hardware list details"
command while the camera is connected and switched on.

You can send this to my private email address.

Thank you!