[Digikam-devel] a little patch to add 3d border around icon item...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 21:23:52 GMT 2008

2008/12/11 Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker at web.de>

> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Gilles Caulier wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have just tried to play with new QPainter effect from Qt4. Why not to
> add
> > a little 3D border around icon item like this :
> >

> http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/temp/3dbordericonkde4/3dbordericonviewkde4-01.png
> >
> http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/temp/3dbordericonkde4/3dbordericonviewkde4-02.png
> >
> http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/temp/3dbordericonkde4/3dbordericonviewkde4-03.png
> >
> > Patch relevant is very small:
> >
> > http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/misc.tarballs/3dbordericonviewkde4.patch
> >
> > What do you you think about ?
>
> To be honest: I don't like it at all, please make anything
> like this optional ....

I don't want to add an option just for that...

I have fully rewrittent his patch now. Untouched thumbnail loader  and fixed
against icon item implementation (like it must be done in the future by pure
Qt4 Model/view code)

The frame is now very very discret (3 pixels no more, and code is the same
than GWenview + some optimization.

Look the screenshot :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/temp/3dbordericonkde4/3dbordericonviewkde4-04.png

Patch is at the same place:

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/misc.tarballs/3dbordericonviewkde4.patch

Of course revert previous patch before to compile with this one...

I hope this one will have a better audience (:=)))

Best