[Digikam-devel] a little patch to add 3d border around icon item...

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Thu Dec 11 16:46:19 GMT 2008

Dnia Thursday 11 December 2008, Gilles Caulier napisaƂ:
> Hi all,
>
> I have just tried to play with new QPainter effect from Qt4. Why not to
> add a little 3D border around icon item like this :
>
> http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/temp/3dbordericonkde4/3dborde
>riconviewkde4-01.png
> http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/temp/3dbordericonkde4/3dborde
>riconviewkde4-02.png
> http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/temp/3dbordericonkde4/3dborde
>riconviewkde4-03.png
>
> Patch relevant is very small:
>
> http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/misc.tarballs/3dbordericonviewkde4.patch
>
> What do you you think about ?

Tentatively yes. But be prepared for protests later :)

I think by default border is a bit too dark and wide.

I achieved interesting results by replacing 128 in QColor declaration
with 96 and set radius to 3. IMO it integrates better - especially in
colored themes and when thumbnails are set to smaller images.

m.