[Digikam-devel] [Bug 158791] Multi-select tags (i.e. to delete more than one at a time)
mikmach at wp.pl
Tue Dec 9 22:15:28 GMT 2008
--- Comment #23 from Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach wp pl> 2008-12-09 23:15:27 ---
Some thoughts about patch:
1. Nice thing when deleting items is giving in dialog number of selected items.
"Do you want to delete 2 tags?" - last chance to see how many items were
selected and if there is something wrong with that.
2. When selecting multiple tags in left panel would be good to achieve OR
effect similar to that of right panel. Or maybe try AND? Now after selecting
several tags in left panel I see images affected by last selected tag - not
intuitive. Without much refinement I would vote for disabling of multiple tags
in left panel.
3. When deleting tags in right panel I am not asked about possibly orphaned
4. IMO good option for selected multiple tags would be merging of them. It also
helps in management without losing some info. For example I got CD with photos
from some event with strange tags. I select all tags use option 'Merge tags'
get question about name of new tag and have all photos with common tag
understable for me - and I don't have to hunt those images in various folders
to tag them later.
5. When deleting tags from left panel with orphaned tag (also deleted of
course) I got unnecessary question for that tag 'You want to remove tag with
one photo. Do you want to continue?". This question is redundant. I already
agreed to remove all orphaned tags.
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.kde.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug.
More information about the Digikam-devel