[Digikam-devel] SpliiterState

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Mon Dec 1 20:13:38 GMT 2008

> Marcel, any comment on why we use toBase64() methods to save splitter
> state? Otherwise I will commit the changes to SVN, for me it works fine in
> my GIT repo, even with "broken" digikamrc files.
>
> Andi

We get raw binary data from QSplitter, and use toBase64 to encode it to ASCII
to store it in the config file. We use toBase64 before we store to KConfig
and use fromBase64 after reading from KConfig.
I dont know any more where we took that from or if I made this up myself, and
I dont know if this is strictly necessary. Possibly KConfig can perfectly
well store raw binary data.
If you can confirm that bugs are caused by this and after removal the problems
are solved, and configuration is always saved, then please commit.
(Keep in mind that when you remove fromBase64 the "broken" digikamrc files
will fail to load at all.)

Marcel