[Digikam-devel] branches/extragear/kde3/graphics/digikam/utilities/imageeditor/rawimport

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 21:21:03 BST 2008

Mik, Andi,

Color Management is implemented in RAW Import, using dcraw color profile rules.

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/temp/rawimport/rawimport1-sRGB.png

It give strange results (overexposed pixels) when a camera color
profile is used.

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/temp/rawimport/rawimport4-Dynax5d_to_sRGB.png

I suspect a problem in dcraw since i can reproduce it directly with
dcraw command line tool, outside libkdcraw (it's not a problem with my
code (:=)))). Look the same result in ufraw :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/temp/rawimport/UFRaw-Dynax5d_to_sRGB.png

I have contacted Dave Coffin for that. I wait and see...

In all case, i'm not satisfied by this Color Management workflow. It
require to re-decode RAW image to apply color management. Like CM is a
post processed job, i will certainly use the CM interface implemented
in digiKam (thrue DImg component).

Best

Gilles