[Digikam-devel] zooming numbers

Unai Garro ugarro at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 16:28:20 BST 2008

Hi guys,

Is this behaviour intentional, or am I allowed to produce and submit a
patch for it?
http://www.ugarro.com/tmp/zoom.png

In the digikam view, obviously 100% isn't real 100%. Rather the scaled
down picture's 100%. I'd suggest that number to show the percentage
versus the real image. Else it confuses the user into thinking that the
image is actually smaller than it actually is.

And then... the application allows zooming up to 254% (weird number...
0xFF-1?). But:

http://www.ugarro.com/tmp/zoom2.png

Obiviously that doesn't show the real quality of the photo. Rather the
scaled image's quality. Is there any point in allowing zooming more than
100% of the scaled image? I'd either suggest limiting it to 100% of that
image, or loading the full sized imagee for that, else the user thinks
the camera's quality is crap.

Best regards