[Digikam-devel] [Digikam-users] Photos to test new LensFun image editor plugin...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 08:28:52 BST 2008

2008/4/22, Gerhard Kulzer <gerhardkgmx at gmail.com>:
> On Sunday 20 April 2008 you wrote:
>
> > 2008/4/19, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>:
>  > > 2008/4/19, Gerhard Kulzer <gerhardkgmx at gmail.com>:
>  > >
>  > > > Hi Adrian and Gilles,
>  > >  >  I tested shots taken with a wide angle lens 10mm. I got the calibration data from hugin and put them into the xml files (see attachment which you can install over your lensfun file).
>  >
>  > xml file sent to LensFun Author and intergrated in library
>  >
>  >  The widget detects the camera and lens fine. But nothing really works.
>  > >  >  I get the following problems :
>  > >  >  - zooming in too strong
>  > >  >  - the lower half of the image is missing
>  > >  >  - no geometric effect is visible
>  > >  >  - debugging info says all is fine
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > There is no zooming function. You use an old version of the plugin...
>  > >
>  > >
>  >
>  > Plugin screenshot updated :
>  >
>  > http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/LensFunPlugin/lensfunplugin03.png
>  >
>  > Missing 3 settings : Aperture, Focal Length, and Subject Distance, to
>  > perform manual adjustements, if Exif metadata is not avaialble in
>  > photo.
>  >
>  > Best
>  >
>  > Gilles Caulier
>  >

> I compiled the latest lensfun svn, and now this zooming of the cropfactor is gone and all other errors listed above as well!
>
>  While testing the plugin with various images I realize that we need to mark them as corrected somehow. In particular in the case of standard lenses that have small distortions only, one can apply correction several time without realizing it.
>
>  As we are reading the EXIF info anyway, it would be straight forward to flag the corrections in the EXIF data (at least: CA, vignetting, distortion, color). But I didn't find any suitable tags in EXIF, nor did I find any in IPTC. I have to leave it to you to identify a place for them.
>
>  Another option is to just mark the corrections in the DB.

DB, with not, but unforget than XMP is supported in 0.10.0 release. I
don't know if a standard XMP tag already exist for that.

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/TagNames/XMP.html
http://www.exiv2.org/metadata.html

We have a dedicated digiKam XMP namespace where tags paths are stored.
We can added a new flag in this area.