[Digikam-devel] Something interesting.

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Mon Apr 7 15:55:46 BST 2008

venerdì 21 marzo 2008 alle 20:58, Colin Guthrie ha scritto:
> Hi,
Hi,
argh! I should have missed this mail :(

> I don't know if you remember but a while ago, after Akademy IIRC, I
> mentioned Nepomuk and how it could be used in Digikam and more widely in
> KIPI.
Yes, and you opened a wiki page for that iirc.

> Personally, I think a lot of what KIPI does, could be implemented within
> the Nepomuk structure. It's perhaps too big a change, but it does
> provide a kind of framework for exchanging information between
> applications. It's something I've been wondering about for a while in
> relation to sync stuff, but I've not had much time to look into it properly.
>
> But I noticed a post on the Amarok mail list that shows what one SoC
> participant wants to do with Amarok.
>
> http://www2.truman.edu/%7Ekde185/kyle_nepomuk_gsoc.pdf
>
> Perhaps it's worth reading up about Nepomuk? I'm going to try and find
> time to this in more depth myself but would appreciate others' opinions too.
Col, if you can spend time to have a look at that and give us a brief way to...
i will be happy to contribute and see if we can use/apply that :)

Frankly i couldn't be able to look into it properly as well :/

KIPI needs to have fresh ideas and maybe new helping people...

Angelo (who's very busy at the moment)