[Digikam-devel] Idea: Hover Actions on Pictures

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sun Apr 6 18:25:31 BST 2008

> Hi I just read a blog post by peter penz
> (http://ppenz.blogspot.com/2008/04/selecting-items.html)
> It is about the Hover Buttons in Dolphin.
> I've seen them in action already and it really works well.
>
> I think in Digikam this might be a great idea to do simple tasks
> * rotating
> * selecting
> * ...
> What do you all think of it?
>
> You're all doing a great job I like  the redesigned UI of 0.1.0.

For 0.10 so far the main icon view has not been changed (it has only been
ported, using Q3Support classes). It is planned to introduce changes here in
the future, but it's not clear to me if it will make it into 0.10.0.
When we work on it, we will take such ideas into account. It might offer some
new possibilities.

Marcel