[Digikam-devel] some comments on digiKam

Mikołaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Thu Sep 13 09:26:35 BST 2007

Hello,

I think you err in your most basec assumption: digiKam really isn't for
mythical "common user". Such person should probably use Gwenview, or
ShowImg or some other simpler application. digiKam is for advanced
phototographers. Some of us are professional photograhers, some works in
photo shops. For those persons some features of digiKam are even to
simplicistic.

Few comments to your text:

1) Vertical tabs: screenshots, practical examples of Dolphin? But we
need many, many information to properly judge photos and speed up
workflow
2) Icons: OK, this is valid point but Icons+text is in HIG for KDE4, we
will get there when there will be stable KDE4 to work on
3) Complexity: there were numerous discussions about that. Due to
technical issues we have choice: separate windows or no features
at all

m.

Każdy morderca jest czyimś sąsiadem...
Fascynujący thriller NIEPOKÓJ - w kinach OD 14 września!
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fadv.reklama.wp.pl%2Fas%2Fniepokoj.html&sid=23