[Digikam-devel] [Bug 149744] New: wish for JPEG export plugin
mikmach at wp.pl
Mon Sep 10 22:05:29 CEST 2007
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
Summary: wish for JPEG export plugin
Platform: Compiled Sources
Component: Wish for new plugin
AssignedTo: digikam-devel kde org
ReportedBy: mikmach wp pl
Version: (using KDE Devel)
Installed from: Compiled sources
Recent discussion on digikam-devel showed that JPEG export isn't so simple as it seems. I think specialised plugin for export to JPEG could be good thing. Such plugin should allow:
- very detailed control of export settings (sampling, quality, etc.)
- preview of effects for interesting details of image
- to view size of image after export
In future even more advanced feature would be interesting: fake zones of compression. Scenario:
1. User selects interesting area and calls plugin
2. Digikam creates two images and user can choose compression and other settings for each image separately.
3. At the end image with selected area is superimposed on image with unselected area.
In this way user can minimize final size of image without losing important details.
More information about the Digikam-devel