[Digikam-devel] dcraw 8.78 is out...

Gerhard Kulzer gerhardkgmx at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 13:52:03 GMT 2007

Am Wednesday 31 October 2007 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> Hi all,
>
> After few month without activity, a new version of dcraw 8.78 is out
> (current one in libkdcraw is 8.77). I have just seen than new RAW format
> from DLSR Sony A700 is now supported:
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0709/07090601sonydslra700.asp
>
> I have not yet tested this version with digiKam, and not check what have
> been changed in command line interface. If somebody is interressed to
> test...
>
> I think than we can use it as well...
>
> Regards
>
> Gilles Caulier

Gilles I tried it out (modifying and recompiling libkdcraw).
It works!
Changes:
- options (existing unchanged, 1 addition) -m number_of_passes
 After interpolation, clean up color artifacts by repeatedly applying a 3x3
median filter to the R-G and B-G channels.
- Licence : is GPL compatible again == less wories
- several new cameras supported (finally my Canon EOS 40D RAw files can be
converted :-))
svn st
M      dcraw/dcraw.c
M      dcraw/kdcraw.1