[Digikam-devel] digiKam 0.9.3 release cycle

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 09:42:15 BST 2007


There are at least 2 patches to apply on svn from Arnd. This can be done for
Strings freeze can be done too at beta2

release plan proposal :

- 0.9.3-beta1 15/10 (done)
- 0.9.3-beta2 22/10 (i18n frozen)
- 0.9.3-rc 5/11 (release candidate if necessary)
- 0.9.3 12/11

About a possible 0.9.4, this depand of :

- progress and finalization of digiKam 0.10.0 for KDE4. Originally this is
planed for Christmas to be sync with KDE4 release date.
- possible delay of KDE4 env. I think than release plan will be delayed
There are to much part from KDE4libs witch have been changed. A lots of bugs
reports will be done after kde4libs release (witch is planed before KDE4 env
release - November if i remember)
- bug report on digiKam for KDE3

To resume, i'm favorable to a 0.9.4 release. KDE4 will not be published
immediately by default around the world. KDE3 will still the default env for
a long time (6 ~ 9 month i think).

But of course i'm not alone to decide. Comments are welcome...

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-devel/attachments/20071009/e7dc4dae/attachment.html>

More information about the Digikam-devel mailing list