[Digikam-devel] some comments on digiKam

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Tue Oct 2 18:49:27 BST 2007

> > > This rule exist in _all_ KDE applications. I'm afraid to see than KDE
> > > users do not know this feature (:=)))
> >
> > That is not the case :) In HIG for KDE4 text+icon is default option and
> > should be distributed with that setting.
>
> and from my vierwpoint, this is weird. This will bloat the gui with this
> default settings. Personally, i never use this way under KDE (and Win32
> apps. too)

This was a very deliberate and well-thought decision to make text+icon default
for KDE4, I remember reading some blog entries about it.
Usability experts argue that text+icon is the good and they will have data
supporting it.
Making this the default will force us developers to rethink the action
descriptions, making them short and precise.
This means when finishing our KDE4 version, we will have to test with default
settings!