[Digikam-devel] comments on digikam.org blogs?

Fabien fabien.ubuntu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 09:25:49 GMT 2007

Hi,

Gilles Caulier wrote:
> In the pass, i have enable anonymous respond to blogs with approbation
> from web master ==> result is amount 10.000 Spam request for 1 month...
>
> After to have passed 3 hours to cleanup web site, i have disable
> anonymous mode and set up account creation + logging to be able to post
> a comment on web site : result is over 1.000 account creation request to
> web master for 3 month.
>
> So i have disable account creation mode and definitively forget comments
> post from users for a while...
>
> To have ask with Fabien over this subject, the right way to solve this
> problem is to use Captcha identification without to use account :
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha>
>
> For Drupal, there is a plugin to install :
>
> http://drupal.org/project/captcha
>
> But i have never tested it... Perhaps Fabien can you more feedback about...

I never tried it, but it could be the solution.
But, we'll have first to upgrade to the latest drupal distribution.
A few weeks ago, we (well, mainly toma :) ) upgraded drupal to a
supported version (4.7.x), but not to the latest one which requires to
rewrite the template (because of a new engine in the 5.x versions).

--
Fabien