[Digikam-devel] Working environment

Paweł Marciniak pave at o2.pl
Wed Nov 21 12:19:25 GMT 2007

Angelo Naselli wrote:

> mercoledì 21 novembre 2007 alle 12:50, Paweł Marciniak ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I remember that I once came across a post/article that told how to
>> configure kdevelop for hacking digiKam. I cannot find it anymore, do any
>> of you remember where it was and could point me there?
>>
>> I would like to setup kdevelop and environment variables so that I can
>> run/debug digiKam or kipi-plugins directly from kdevelop, without the
>> need to run make install. The thing is that I want the debugging apps to
>> use the svn versions of libs (kexiv2, kipi etc.) instead of the ones
>> installed in my system.
> As far as kipi-plugins concern just use the kipiplugins.kdevelop file
> released into libs directory take care of changing the
> --prefix=$HOME/your/installation/path into configure option

But I don't want to install anything! I want to use the libs that get built
inside src subdirectories. That's my point.

> and if you run
> from a konsole remember to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH as
> $HOME/your/installation/path/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or lib64)

That's what I do when I just run the alternative svn versions without
messing with my stable system installation - I install digiKam & libs in my
homedir and everything works. But, as mentioned above, I want something
different now.

> and run
> kbuildsycoca. Run your preferred host application...

Could you explain what running kbuildsycoca would do in such situation?

Thanks in advance,
Pawel