[Digikam-devel] New web project page about Release Plan...

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Mon Nov 5 07:48:04 GMT 2007

Hi Gilles,

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Gilles Caulier wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Since few month, I recieve a lots of mail from users about a release plan
> for KDE3 and KDE4 version of digiKam.
>
> I have just created this page : http://www.digikam.org/?q=about/releaseplan
>
> It's not yet published in web project page.
>
> KDE3 version is planed before christmast.

When will be the i18n string freeze ?

> KDE4 version is planed for KDE4.1.

(hopefully with kprinter again ;-)

> Of course date can be changed like we need (:=))))
>
> I would to have your viewpoints... Thanks in advance

Looks fine to me.
Essentially it means that there will be another 9 months
before people will start to use 0.10; some
might be unhappy because they would love to use
the new features before (OTOH, this might give a couple of
additional testers ... ;-).
However, I think this is perfectly fine. The transition
of the KDE project from 3 to 4 is a big one and needs thorough
testing. Also the transition from digikam 0.9 to 0.10 is
a big step with many changes, in particular the database,
so this needs to be rock-solid
(not that I have any doubts that it will be, but testing
and fixing bugs just takes time).

Best, Arnd

P.S.: BTW, after going through a couple of hundreds images
yesterday:I don't know what I would do without the light-table,
this just rocks and makes it so much easier to choose
the best out dozens of similar shots ...