[Digikam-devel] Comments on Light Table

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Thu May 24 15:57:32 BST 2007

Dnia czwartek 24 maj 2007, Gilles Caulier napisaƂ:
> > images is kind of difficult/strange... I only tested it for a few
> > minutes, so
> > I guess you could get used to it. but at least to me it seems to be
> > somewhat
> > difficult to use.
>
> Hum, are you tested to use Drag & drop between thumbbar and preview
> panels ?

Slower than keyboard navigation.

> Ok. I seen. The "Select" picture is locked and the "Candidate" can be
> changed in live. I can do it in LT. it's easy. But, try drag  and drop
> before. And also look like the zoom level is preserved in LT when you
> change the picture in a panel.
>
> Personaly, i'm always using the mouse and never (excepted for some case)
> the keyboard. Toogle between mouse and keyboard is a waste of time to
> work. If you can do all with mouse why change (:=))). And, we use a GUI,
> not a text console with digiKam  (:=)))...
>
> But it's my viewpoints. I'm originaly a Win32 users. I always use
> mouse...

In my experience fastest way to use GUI applications is: 50-50 - one
hand on mouse, second on keyboard.

Linked video shows example of this work. Mouse is for panning, zoom,
calling additional panels but basic operations are done with keyboard
- and with single letter mappings - no combos!

m.