[Digikam-devel] What is meant by "pan the image"

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Sat May 12 07:38:55 BST 2007

On Sat, 12 May 2007, [ISO-8859-15] Oliver Dörr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i'm just translating digikam.po and found
>
> Pan the image
>
> in the new lighttable part, Could sombody explain this to me? My
> translations would not make much sense

With panning it is meant that one can use the (middle) mouse
to move/shift the window around.
So maybe something like "Bild verschieben" might
be a reasonable translation?

In
http://dict.leo.org/forum/viewUnsolvedquery.php?idThread=259124&idForum=2&lp=ende&lang=de
"to pan" is referred to as "schwenken", which does not fit 100%, I think.

Ah, this one is the best:
http://dict.leo.org/forum/viewUnsolvedquery.php?idThread=200909&idForum=2&lp=ende&lang=de
also in terms of explanation - so the above suggested
"verschieben" seems a good one.

Viele Gruesse,

Arnd