[Digikam-devel] Crash when using CIMG image resizing in Digikam SVN

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Wed Mar 28 23:44:33 BST 2007

Am Mittwoch 28 März 2007 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> Big hacking today with David. CImg have been updated. Please checkout and
> try again...
>
> Please test Restoration, Inpainting, and Resize tools to check if no crash
> appears...

Ok, here are some tests:

Everything now is really slow. Its seems slower than the old CImg based
filters(?). My old test resizing 400x400 to 2000x2000 needs somehow 4 minutes
on my machine. Now I need 1 hours. My second test was resizing 6MPixel by
120% runs nearly 4 hours. When canceling the resize process I sometimes have
a crash but so far no useful BT. But only crashs when canceling, no more
crashes during processing so far.

Impainting a "small artefact" does not work. The filter shows no visual
difference after finishing.

Restauration filter dialog looks incomplete/different compared to other
digikamimageplugins. Split screen preview actions are wrong. Here also the
filter shows no visual difference after finishing.

HTH

  Thorsten