[Digikam-devel] Faster change-compile-test cycle

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sun Mar 25 16:05:51 BST 2007

Hi,

with the inclusion of digikamimageplugins, recompilation is now even slower
because a change in any source file in libdigikam (=most files) will lead to
relinking every single image plugin. And linking is slow these days.

I added this to the top Makefile.am (tabs at the beginning, not spaces):

fastcompile:
	for i in libs utilities digikam kioslave; \
	do \
		cd $$i; \
		make || exit 1; \
		cd ..; \
	done

and a "make fastcompile" skips the imageplugins if you work on the core.
I would be interested if a more elegant solution is possible...but please dont
invest more than a few minutes, CMake is coming soon ;-)