[Digikam-devel] Rotation issue in image view

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sun Mar 11 21:08:14 GMT 2007

> a) Correct in thumbnail, correct in preview, correct in full version
> 	6057_009.cr2
> 	DSC0028.arw
> 	DSC_2162.nef
> 	L1000877.DNG
> 	MINOLTA-DYNAX5D-01.MRW
> 	k10d.dng
> b) Correct in thumbnail, correct in preview, _wrong_ in full version
> 	MINOLTA-DYNAX5D-03.MRW
> 	MINOLTA-DYNAX5D-04.MRW
> c) Wrong (180°) in thumbnail, wrong (180°) in preview, correct in full
> version Canon-G5.crw
> d) Wrong in thumbnail, wrong in preview, wrong in full version
> 	DSCF0019.raf
> 	S9500-vert.raf
> 	S9600-vert.raf
>
> For case d) there is apparently no information about orientation. Or is
> this a feature of .RAF files?
> For case c), there is, but why is it 180° wrong? Seems to be .crw specific.
> Case b), I dont know.
> Case a) is fortunately the largest group.

I have now updatetd to the latest libexiv2, libkexiv2, libkdcraw.
The results are still the same, especially with the .MRW files.
Screenshots at
http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/thumbsandpreview_forgilles.png
http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/ineditor_forgilles.png

On Gilles machine, the thumbs and preview are wrong, the image editor result
is correct. Can anyone confirm the one or the other result?
In the next days I will do some more investigations on this.

Marcel