[Digikam-devel] Fwd: Trans.: [exiv2] Exiv2 release 0.13

Andreas Huggel ahuggel at gmx.net
Mon Mar 5 08:09:43 GMT 2007

On Sunday 04 March 2007 20:28, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> you can never say from now on i won't
> break it because you change the name of the library and who use the
> old one cannot use the new one without rebuilding itself.

That's a point, especially in view of the changes expected for the next
versions. I will ask distributors to hold back and will release a new
version 0.14 within two weeks with the -version-info versioning system
enabled and whatever bugs fixed that come up until then. This will then
become a stable branch for a while (0.14.x). In parallel, 0.15 (or
maybe another number to make it clearer) and onwards will get the TIFF
write support and some features with major API changes. Does that work
out with digikam's release plans?

In the meantime please test 0.13 to make sure it is useful and can be
the basis for such a stable version. Feedback any problems to the exiv2
group or bug tracker, we shouldn't take-over this list ;)

Andreas