[Digikam-devel] Rotation issue in image view

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Sun Mar 4 21:26:42 GMT 2007

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007, Marcel Wiesweg wrote:

> > Moin,
> >
> > there is subtle rotation issue with current svn:
> >
> >    - start a fresh digikam
> >    - consider an portrait image
> >     (where this information is still in the
> >      exif, so that it requires auto-rotation)
> >    - view image (F3) - all ok
>
> What is "all ok"? Should it be rotated or not?

"all ok" should mean that for a portrait shot,
the picture gets automatically rotatated according
to the exif info (so that on screen a person's feet are
pointing downwards).
(Hope this is clearer, don't hesitate to ask!!!)

> What options have you set?

Sorry, which options, where?

> >    - open this image in the image editor (F4)
> >    - and quit immediately (CTRL-q)
> >    - view image (F3)
> >      Surprise: it is rotated!
>
> Why should it not be rotated? Or is is rotated twice?

Oh, sorry, I see the possiblity of mis-understanding
with all the rotations;-):
it is rotated wrt the "all ok" above, so it
is "not ok"  (in a sense it is not rotated properly
according to the exif info, i.e. a person's feet
are not pointing downwards but either to the left or right).

It is quite hard to explain, do you have
a picture like that to try it out?

Best, Arnd