[Digikam-devel] digikam's stable branch, associated translations and releases

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Wed Jun 27 22:03:08 BST 2007

Hi,

I see ~ 1 commit per day for translations to stable branch, e.g.

r680996 sk/branches/stable/l10n/sk/messages/extragear-graphics/digikam.po: Updated Slovak translation

as far as I understand we never use these translations.

Further http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Localization/i18n_Challenges#KDE_Extra_Gear_Releases
explains that stable should be used AFAIP as there's a message freeeze.

As kde3 branch is more of less feature frozen, I wonder if stable branch
is still useful.  Without translator save wasted time and the release
manager does not need to do all complicated things to update stable.

I'm in favour of getting rid of stable and be simply more strict
during the message freeze in the kde3 branch.

Achim
                                      -- reddy at lion.austin.ibm.com